It was my mother’s birthday last week and she asked for an orange cake. I must specify that she asked for a orange cake made of orange cake mix. I use to make one for her years ago when I was still living at with them.
When she asked for an the orange cake mix, I was like.. really? Are you sure? And yes she meant it! I went to 4 different grocery stores and guess what… no Orange Cake mix.
Since I couldn’t find the mix, I decided that if she really wanted an Orange Cake, I would make one… a REAL one. I found a very good recipe at Dulce Dough.
It was an absolutely YUMMY cake!!! I wanted to keep one piece to take a photo… however Gabrielle decided to eat the last piece with Emanuelle. Yes that’s right they ate the piece I had kept for the photo…. so sad!
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 9″ two-layer cake
Hi there! Are you new to The DIY Dreamer? If so, WELCOME!!
I’m Christine and I’m so very HAPPY you stopped in.