This month, through the 12 Months of Martha program, I received a variety of baking goodness. I received beautiful packaging for baked goods and as well as Martha Baking Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Mix. I knew the Snowflakes Cello Treat Bags would be perfect for the peanut brittle I made.
Peanut Brittle Recipe
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of white corn syrup
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of unsalted peanuts
1 tsp of butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
– Line a 9”x13” baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure to have it over hang the sides.
– Over high heat, combine the sugar, white corn syrup and water in a sauce pan.
– Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
– Continue cooking the mixture over high heat until it reaches 290 degrees. (Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature.)
– Once the mixture is at 290 degrees, mix in the peanuts and the butter.
– For 1 minute, continue cooking and make sure to stir constantly.
– Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and salt.
– Return to medium heat until you reach the desired color (only a minute or two). Make sure to keep stirring so it doesn’t burn.
– Remove the mixture from heat and pour it into the 9” x 13” baking pan. Allow to cool.
– Once cooled completely, you can break it up into pieces.
**Cleaning everything can be long, however I find that if I place everything in the sink right away with soap and run hot water… the cleanup is a lot easier.
Here are the goodies I got from Martha Stewart:
Candy Cane Treat Matchboxes
6 boxes – 6 sheets of tissue paper – 6 adhesive labels – 6 pieces of ribbon
Snowflakes Cello Treat Bags
8 die-cut paper trays – 8 cellophane bags – 8 tags – 8 pieces of twine – 16 adhesive strips
Frosty Elegance Die-Cut Treat Boxes
6 boxes in two designs – 6 tags – 6 pieces of ribbon
Frosty Elegance Mini Treat Wrappers
60 foil wrappers in 2 designs
Martha Baking – Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Mix
You can find all these products on Amazon.
I hope you enjoyed the 12 Months of Martha program! I can’t believe it’s over! The year sure went by fast!
Hope you are having a BEAUTIFUL day!
P.S. I’ll be linking to these Parties.
Disclosure: Martha Stewart Crafts sent me supplies in order to create this project. The opinions in this post are 100% my own.
Hi there! Are you new to The DIY Dreamer? If so, WELCOME!!
I’m Christine and I’m so very HAPPY you stopped in.