Make wool socks felt Christmas ornaments for your Christmas tree with the help of this tutorial.
Deck the Home with DIY Christmas Ornaments
This is week 5 of the Deck the Home Challenge!
I can’t believe that it’s my last project of the challenge! Goodness time flies when you are having fun!
Last week’s challenge was outdoor decor, I shared how to make a 3D wood Christmas tree.
And this week’s Deck the Home theme is DIY Christmas Ornaments!
As soon as I saw it was an ornament challenge, I knew I wanted to make felt Christmas ornaments!
Felt is one of my favorite crafting materials for ornaments!
My Elf Boots Felt Christmas Ornaments is still one of my most popular Christmas ornaments.
I also made vintage style felt ornaments a few years ago too.
Ready to see how I made wool socks felt Christmas ornaments?
P.S. No sewing required. YAY!
This post also contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Wool Socks Felt Christmas Ornaments
- Binder clips or sewing clips
- Hot glue gun
Have you ever seen rolls of felt? It was the first time I have seen that.
Step 1: Print the wool socks template. You can also draw your own if you do not have a printer.
Step 2: Cut out the template.
Step 3: Fold the grey felt in half and use sewing clips to secure together.
Step 4: Fasten the sock template onto the felt with a pin.
Step 5: Cut out the sock. Which will reveal two sock shapes.
Step 6: Pin the big rectangle piece and the two round shapes onto the white felt.
Step 7: Cut out the shapes.
Step 8: Pin the remaining piece, the thin long rectangle, onto red felt.
Step 9: Cut out the shape.
Step 10: Use hot glue to fasten the contour edge of the two sock pieces together. Do not glue the top.
It is best to work in sections rather than applying hot glue around the entire sock at once.
Step 11: Insert polyester filling inside the sock. (You can also skip this step if you plan to use it as a treat bag.)
Step 12: Hot glue the round shapes onto the sock.
Make sure to double check the positioning of the pieces before attaching them.
The bigger piece goes on the tip of the sock. The smaller piece goes on the heel.
P.S. Originally I had made the toe piece and heel piece big enough to wrap around to the back of the sock, but I found it made the sock too bulky.
Step 13: Hot glue the big white rectangle around the top of the sock, placing the seam toward the back of the sock. This will make the wool sock’s cuff.
Step 14: Attach the final felt piece, the red piece, with hot glue over the white cuff.
Step 15: Cut a piece of jute twine or ribbon 8 inches long and hot glue it inside the wool sock.
Isn’t it adorable? Eek!! I love it so much!
It was so much fun that I made a few more, playing around with the color combinations!
Felt Christmas Stocking Ornaments
How do you like the color combinations? Fun, right?!
DIY Christmas Ornaments
Do you want to see everyone’s DIY Christmas Ornaments?
Goodness, I just love everyone’s DIY Christmas ornaments!! WOW, everyone did such a great job!
Now I want to make more ornaments! haha
DIY Felt Christmas Ornaments
I hope you have enjoyed my wool socks felt Christmas ornaments tutorial!
Have you ever crafted with felt?
Have you made any Christmas ornaments this year? I’d love to know what you have made!
Oh, and don’t forget about my Christmas page, I have a bunch of Christmas projects that I’m sure you will love!
Hey!! Because I’m having so much fun working with felt, I created a new felt ornament: Santa Boots Felt Christmas Ornaments! I hope you love them as much as I do!
Have a FABULOUS day my friends!
- Wool socks template
- Grey felt
- Red felt
- White felt
- Jute twine
- Polyester filling
- Sewing clips
- Hot glue gun
- Print wool socks felt Christmas ornaments template.
- Cut out the wool socks template.
- Fold grey felt in half and secure with sewing clips.
- Place sock template over the grey felt and pin into place.
- Cut out the sock template from the grey felt.
- Take out the white felt and pin the big rectangle and the two small circular pieces onto it.
- Cut out the shapes from the white felt.
- Pin the thin rectangle piece onto the red felt.
- Cut out the shape from the red felt.
- Hot glue the contour edge of the grey socks to fasten both of them together.
- Insert polyester filling inside the sock.
- Hot glue the circular shapes onto the socks. Make sure to position them correctly before gluing them into place.
- Attach big rectangle onto the top of the sock with hot glue. This will be the sock's cuff.
- Place the red felt rectangle over the white cuff and hot glue it into place.
- Cut out of piece of twine 8″ and hot glue it inside the wool sock.
- Play around with the felt color combinations to make various wool socks felt Christmas ornaments.