Every year I like to make new Christmas ornaments for our tree. One of my favorite things to use is felt. I find that felt is easy to find and very easy to work with. This year I made cute Elf Boots! They are quite adorable!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Elf Boots Ornaments
Step 1: Draw an elf boot onto a piece of paper.
Step 2: Once you have the desired boot, cut it out.
Step 3: Fold the piece of felt in half and use the binder clips to secure it.
Step 4: With the help of sewing pins, fasten the boot cut-out onto the felt.
Step 5: Cut out the boot (you’ll have two pieces because the felt is folded in half).
Step 6: Use a hot glue gun to glue together the contour of the two pieces of boots. Do not glue the top of the boot.
Step 7: Insert stuffing inside.
Step 8: Cut out a piece of ribbon. Fold it in-half and place it partly inside the boot.
Step 9: Use hot glue to seal the top of the boot shut.
Step 10: Take out a different color of felt and cut it in your desired design (make sure it’s long enough to wrap around the entire boot). Use hot glue to secure it onto the boot.
Now you have yourself a cute Elf Boot Ornament!
Felt Christmas Ornaments
You can easily add pompoms and bells to make them even more festive!
Or you can add embroidery thread to give them another fun look,
in that case.. check out this tutorial Felt Christmas Ornaments.
I made new felt Christmas ornaments! These Wool Socks Felt Christmas Ornaments are so very easy to make and really cute too! They can make great treat bags too!
Since I made elf boots, it’s only appropriate that I make felt Santa boots too! They are really fun too!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
P.S. I’ll be linking to these Parties.
- Felt - Assortment of different colors
- Binder clips
- Sewing pins
- Glue gun
- Make a elf boot template by drawing an elf boot on paper.
- Cut out the template.
- Fold felt in half, use binder clips to secure it together. Place elf boot template on the felt an fasten it with a sewing pin. Cut out the boot. It will make two boots.
- Use glue gun to attach the edges of two pieces of felt together. Do not glue the top of the boot.
- Insert stuffing inside.
- Cut a piece of ribbon. Fold it in half and place it partly inside the top of the boot.
- Use hot glue to seal the top of the elf boot shut.
- In a different color of felt, cut out a boot cuff. The boot cuff should be long enough to wrap around the entire boot.
- Use hot glue to attach the cuff to the boot.
- Hang the elf boot felt ornament onto a Christmas tree.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
flic-flac 48PCS 8 x 12 inches (20 x 30cm) Assorted Color Felt Fabric Sheets Patchwork Sewing DIY Craft 1mm Thick … (20cm 30cm, 48pcs)
Tosnail 20 Pack 3/8" x 24 Yards Each Satin Ribbon Roll Silk Ribbon Roll - Great for Gift Wrapping, Party Decoration or Craft Projects
Fairfield FAIPFT12 Fiber Poly Fil Bag, 12 oz, White